Wednesday, November 10, 2010

As Good As Apple Pie Baked Apples

Ok... so lets be honest.... There is nothing better than real apple pie, other than my boyfriend... If you don't agree fully with that sentiment, you've never had my mom's apple pie...or met my boyfriend, for that matter :) The closest second is this little vegan ditty I have here for you. You will never see an apple the same again... To really bring this to the next level, I fully suggest topping it with some soy ice cream in some vanilla variety! Enjoy!!

4 cored Macintosh apples
1 TBSP lemon juice
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup pecans or walnuts
1 tsp cinnamon
4 TBSP Earth Balance, cut into pieces
1/8 cup golden raisins, chopped
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Basically, you core the apples and sprinkle the lemon juice over them. Next, mix all the remaining ingredients together and liberally stuff the insides of those apples and bake for 20 minutes at 425.

WOW.... Top with ice cream if you're feeling really devilish...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We will definitely be adding some ice cream! I wish we could have this right now. Thanks for sharing.