Friday, August 15, 2008

Rice, Avocado, and Corn Salad

I know that the name of this recipe does not just JUMP off the page at you. It didn't me the first time that I read it. I actually found it in a macrobiotic recipe book when I was attempting that kick unsuccessfully. This was one recipe that I found to be super yummy. The other thing is that it is an awesome use for left over brown rice. Trust me - try it.

Dressing:

1 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 TBSP brown rice vinegar
1 TBSP shoyu (or tamari)

Salad:

½ cup toasted almonds
Kernels for 2 ears of corn
2 avocados
3 cups brown rice, cooked
½ small red onion, finely chopped

Mix dressing and set aside. Mash the avocados into the rice. Blanch corn kernels for 1 minute. Add the nuts, onion, and corn to the avocado and rice mixture. Add the dressing and mix well. Let this sit for about 30 minutes to allow the flavors to marry!

No comments: