Sunday, February 28, 2010

Roasted Brussel Sprouts, Cherry Tomatoes, and Garlic

I think that my local grocery store is wondering what the HELL is happening that they are experiencing a rush on brussel sprouts....because ever since I came up with this one I have been cleaning them out to fulfill my daily craving!!

1 lb brussel sprouts, yellow leaves removed and hard stems removed, halved
1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
6-7 garlic cloves, smashed
1 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 425. Mix together the brussel sprouts, tomatoes, and garlic. Coat with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat. Throw the veggies into the oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until they begin to really caramelize. Once they are done, take them from the oven, re-season to taste, toss, and enjoy!!! It is hard to let them cool a little, but they are easier to eat at that point. Ask me..Ive burnt my tongue a couple times :)

No comments: