Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chipotle Smashed Sweet Potatoes

Here is a twist on smashed sweet potatoes you would never normally think of....but so delicious.  This taste registers on the back of your tongue in this unexpected way!! It is super easy, and a great compliment to my black bean soup.  Thanks for the idea, Alton Brown!

2 large sweet potatoes
2 TBSP Earth Balance
1 chipotle pepper in adobo, diced
1 tsp chipotle sauce from the same can
salt and pepper

To begin, cook your sweet potatoes however you like.  I prefer to roast the potatoes in the oven although this takes time.  You can also peel, cube, and steam your potatoes.... it is up to you! I place mine in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours until the aroma consumes my house! I then allow the potatoes to cool a bit to the touch and simply allow them to slip out of their skins like nothing! Next, I place them into a medium size bowl and mash them with the Earth Balance.  Add the chipotle pepper and sauce and season with salt and pepper.  Taste to adjust the flavor and enjoy!! Mmm....

No comments: