Friday, July 15, 2011

Tomato Cucumber Salad














Back from Nicaragua and our garden is just BUSTING! As some of my readers know, my husband and I have a little farm over here....chickens (eggs for him :), fruit trees, and a few quite lucrative gardens. Upon our arrival home after 3 weeks, we have more veggies than we know what to do with. Figuratively, of course, since I am about to share some recipes of what to do in exactly this situation :) Almost all of this can come from your spring/summer garden!


1 lb cucumbers (about 2) peeled and cut into half moons
1 1/2 lb tomatoes, preferably Roma, quartered lengthwise and chopped
1/2 sweet onion, cut into thin half moons
2 TBSP fresh parsley
1 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
Salt and Pepper

Cut it all up and season liberally. You need to wait at least 10 minutes to eat, but I like to cover it and let it all macerate in the fridge until it gets all married and yummy!

Enjoy!

No comments: